Education & Incentives Office- Army
Help Desk: (515) 252-4468
Education Services Officer: (515) 252-4517 Fax: (515) 252-4025
Education & Incentives Branch, Bldg. 3586, Camp Dodge, 7105 NW 70th Avenue, Johnston, Iowa 50131-1824
Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship
Formerly known as NGEAP
- For both fall and spring together
- For spring only (if you did not apply by the previous 1 July deadline)
YOUR APPLICATION STATUS:
Refer to the email account you provided in your application. A system generated notification will be sent to that email address once your application has been processed as Eligible or Ineligible for Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship. If you can’t find this email, ask your school. All qualifying schools for Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship have the ability to download a roster of approved students.
Read the ETP Policy and Procedures Memo, complete the Iowa National Guard Service Scholarship ETP Memorandum Template, and forward it as instructed.
POST 9/11 GI BILL, Chapter 33
- Service in any active component.
- Title 10 U.S.C. Sections 672(d), 688, 12301(a), 12301(d), 12301(g), 12301(h), 12302, 12304, 12304a, or 12304b
- Title 10 AGR or Title 32 AGR
- Title 32 U.S.C., Section 502(f) as follows:
- Operation Noble Eagle:
- Sep 11, 2001 – May 31, 2002
- Southwest Border (Operation Guardian Shield):
- Feb 15, 2019 – Jan 20, 2021
- COVID-19 Pandemic Response:
- March 22, 2020 – March 31, 2021
- 59th Presidential Inauguration:
- January 11-24, 2021
- Serve in a qualifying duty status for 30 continuous days and separate due to a service-connected disability or injury.
- Purple Heart recipients eligible at 100% payment tier.
Effective 1 August 2018: Title 10 Sections 12301(h), 12304a, and 12304b are qualifying service for Post-9/11 GI Bill.
- Title 10 Section 12301(h) for service on or after 11 September 2001.
- Title 10 Sections 12304a and 12304b for service on or after 30 June 2008.
- Payments by the VA and TEB eligibility for these three services will be recognized effective 1 August 2018.
Notify the School Certifying Official / VA Representative at your school so they can certify your enrollment.
Effective 1 Aug 2021, Service Members and / or their dependants utilizing the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Ch. 33) must certify their enrollment monthly via www.gibill.va.gov/wave
What can I use my Post-9/11 GI Bill for?
- We recommend you create a case to a subject matter expert at the VA by “Submitting a Question” located above the graduation cap at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
- You can also call the GI Bill call center at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)