Warrant Officer Programs
The warrant officer is a highly specialized expert and trainer who, by gaining progressive levels of expertise and leadership; operates, maintains, administers, and manages the Army's equipment, support activities, and /or technical systems throughout an entire career.
The Iowa Army National Guard Warrant Officer program offers you the
opportunity to take your military specialty to a whole new level.
- Advance in your current Specialty
- Longer career (Serve until age 62 1/3 with extension)
- Promotion through CW4 in the same position
- Receive the same authority as a Commissioned Officer while remaining a Specialist
- Increase your Retirement Pay
- Be the "Go To" person
- Promotion to CW2 afer OBC for E-7s with 2 years TIG
Who can become a Warrant Officer in the Army National Guard?
If you are currently an E-5 or higher in the Army National Guard, a
USAR Soldier, a transitioning active component Soldier, or a current
or former Warrant Officer. Warrant Officer Candidates must also meet some basic requirements as
determined by the Army National Guard.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 46
- Score 110 or above on the General Aptitude Area Test
- Be a High School Graduate or pass the General Education Development test (GED)
- Be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization
- Be able to successfully pass all events on the Army Physical Fitness Test
- Meet certain mandatory technical qualifications for your specific MOS
- Meet certain medical, security and licensing requirements (depending on your specific MOS).
For more details, you can read DA Circular 601-Series for the latest requirements and information
Note: For initial appointment in MOS 153A, Rotary Wing Aviator: You must meet the same basic requirements except you must not be older than 27 years and 6 months at time of application. Applications for this MOS are submitted through the State ARNG Training Manager. Contact us to get more details, and to find out if you qualify. If you meet all the necessary prerequisites, you will be ready to proceed to the next step in becoming an Army National Guard Warrant Officer.
In the Iowa Army National Guard, we offer positions in a number of carrer fields.
- 120A. Construction Engineering Technician 12H, 12K, 12N, 12P, 12Q, 12R, 12T, 12W
- 125D. Geospatial Engineering Technician 12Y, 35F, 35G
- 131A. Field Artillery Targeting Technician 11C, 13B, D, F, M, P, R, T
- 140A. Command and Control Systems Technician 14G, 14H, 14S
- 150U. Tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (TUAV) Operations Technician 15E, 15W
- 151A. Aviation Maintenance Technician (not rated) CMF 15 (excluding 15P & 15Q MOS)
- 153A. Rotary Wing Aviator Any MOS may apply.
- 255A. Information Systems Technician MOS immaterial (Must have 4 years IT experience IAW prerequisites
- 255N. Network Management Technician MOS immaterial (Must have 4 years IT experience IAW prerequisites)
- 290A. Electronic Warfare Technician 29E or all MOSs with ASI 1J or 1K
- 350F. All Sources Intelligence Technician 35F
- 351M. Human Intelligence Collection Technician 35M
- 352N. Traffic Analysis Technician 35N, 35P
- 353T. Intelligence/Electronic Warfare Equipment Technician 35T
- 420A. Human Resources Technician 42A, 42F
- 420C. Bandmaster All CMF 02 MOSs (All CMF 42R and 42S)
- 670A. Health Services Maintenance Technician 68A
- 882A. Mobility Officer MOS immaterial
- 890A. Ammunition Technician 89A, 89B, 89D
- 913A. Armament Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer 91F, 91A, 91M, 91P, 91S
- 914A. Allied Trades Warrant Officer 91E
- 915A. Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer 91A, 91B, 91C, 91D, 91H, 91L, 91M, 91P, 91S, 91X
- 919A. Engineer Equipment Maintenance Warrant Officer 91B, 91C, 91D, 91H, 91J, 91L, 91X
- 920A. Logistics Management Officer (Property Accounting Technician) 92Y or 68J
- 920B Supply Systems Technician 92A
- 922A. Food Service Technician 92G or 68M
- 948B. Electronic Systems Maintenance Technician 94D, 94E, 94F, 94H, 94K, 94L, 94R, 94V, 94W, 94Y, and 94Z (255 with waiver only)
The Iowa Army National Guard needs Aviators. You may have what it takes to operate and command Army aircraft!
- Soldiers can apply regardless of MOS
- Recommendation from Commander
- GT Score of 110 or Higher
- AFAST Score of 90 or above
- Between age 18 and 32 (age waivers considered)
- Secret Security Clearance (Final or Interim)
- Class I Flight Physical
- Must Pass 3 Event APFT
- Must meet height and weight requirements
- 20/50 Vision or better
- United States Citizenship
- Recommendation letter from a CW3 - CW5 Aviator
- Must attend WOCS at Fort Rucker, Alabama
- Click Here for more details
Contact us for more information
Find out more about our programs by speaking to a representative with the Iowa Army National Guard
Contact us Today!