Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
Military ID Card Office
CAC Pin Reset


Daily Hours of Operation:
8am-4pm = All ID/DEERS customers.
Closed all weekends and federal holidays

Check our Daily Public Voice Message at 515-252-4728 for current status
of machines and hours of operation for the current day.​

Stationary Sites, available on the internet, open to the public by appointment. 


 ID Card Locations



Camp Dodge
Iowa Army National Guard
Camp Dodge-Building 3548
7105 NW 70th Ave
Johnston, IA 50131
132nd Fighter Wing
3100 McKinley Ave
Des Moines, IA 50321
114th FW South Dakota ANG
1201 West Algonquin Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
67th Troop Command
ID Card Office – Room 123A
4540 Melrose Ave
Iowa City, IA 52246
319-337-9567, ICN: 19097
2nd BCT 34th ID
700 Snedden Dr
Boone, IA 50036
185th Air Refueling Wing
Sioux Gateway Airport
Building 269-Room 11
2920 Headquarter Ave
Sioux City, IA 51111-1300
Customer Service Building
Room 214
Offutt AFB
Omaha, NE 68113
Base Operator 402-294-1110
Building 23
Rock Island Arsenal
Rock Island, IL 61299
Online appointments:
196th MEB
801 West National Guard Dr
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
605-357-2900, 2985

389th EN CBT BN (H)
10685 Jet Center Dr
Dubuque, IA 52003
719-516-0485 ext 3802
NOTE: Everyone needs to call to ensure the ID/DEERS office is open.

The Uniformed Services have agreed to assist each other in verifying ID card eligibility. The Uniformed Services assist each other in verifying certain categories of eligible persons. With on-line connection to the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting system (DEERS) using the Real Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS), issuing activities shall:
  1. Verify eligibility. (See Eligibility below)
  2. Enroll individuals in DEERS.
  3. Issue ID cards upon presentation of proper documentation.
  4. Acceptable proof of identity documentation (adults only) any time an Identification Card is requested.
  1. Active duty members, retired members, and members of the Reserve components not on active duty in excess of 30 days.
  2. Retired Reserve members who have reached their 60th birthday.
  3. Family members of military sponsors on active duty for more than 30 consecutive days.
  4. Family members of retirees (with pay)
  5. Family members of Ready Reserve (Selected, Individual and Standby Reservists).
  6. Family members of Retired Reservists, who have qualified for retired pay at age 60, yet have not reached age 60.
  7. Unremarried or unmarried former spouses previously enrolled in DEERS.
  8. Medal of Honor recipients and their eligible family members.
  9. One hundred percent disabled veterans and their family members.
  10. Former members having reached age 60 and in receipt of retired pay for non-regular service, and their family members.
Eligible survivors of
  1. Active duty members.
  2. Retired with pay members.
  3. Reserve members on active or inactive duty.
  4. Retirement - eligible reservists who died prior to transfer to the Retired Reserve (Reservists who were still participating).
  5. Retired reserve members who qualify for pay at age 60 but die before reaching age 60.
  6. One hundred percent DAVs.
  7. Medal of Honor Recipients.
  1. DEERS/ID ORIGINAL Required Source Documents
    Only ORIGINAL documents will be accepted.
    Perm Documents and Photocopies are NOT acceptable.
    All documents are REQUIRED to be presented by the Service Member or their Power of Attorney (POA)* holder BEFORE changes/updates can be made to the DEERS database.
    (*POA Holder MUST provide the Original Power of Attorney)
    Original Marriage Certificate with State File Number
    Original Social Security (SSN) Card for Spouse
    Original Driver’s License for Spouse with Married Name
    Divorce Decree (Signed with Court Filing Stamp visible or E-Filed Stamp)
    Annulment Decree
    Original Death Certificate
    Original Birth Certificate with State File Number for Child
    Certificate of Live Birth can be used for dependents under 180 days old
    Original Social Security (SSN) Card for Child
    Original Birth Certificate for Child with State File Number with Father’s Name
    Original Social Security (SSN) Card for Child
    Paternity Affidavit of Support
    Original Marriage Certificate with State File Number
    Original Birth Certificate with State File Number for Child
    Original Social Security (SSN) Card for Child
    Final Adoption Decree (signed with the Court Filing Stamp visible or E-Filed Stamp)
    Original New Birth Certificate for Child listing the Adopted Parents
    Original Social Security (SSN) Card for Child
    ***Please Note***
    Adding a Dependent to DEERS does NOT automatically enroll them into Tricare. The Service Member will NEED to call Tricare to enroll dependents(s) AFTER adding them to DEERS.
  1. Additional Documentation:
  2. Properly certified final decree of divorce, dissolution, or annulment of marriage.
  3. Court order for adoption or guardianship.
  4. Retirement orders or DD Form 214 showing retirement.
  5. DD Form 1300, Report of Casualty
  6. Certification from VA of 100-percent disabled status.
  7. Orders awarding Medal of Honor.
  8. Formal determination of eligibility for Medicare Part A and B from the Social Security Administration
  9. Civilian personnel records.
Acceptable Proof of Identity Documentation "UNEXPIRED"
AFI 36-3026_IP 17JUNE2009 - Attachment 20/RAPIDS User Guide - 18.5 Appendix E
Department of Homeland Security, Lists of Acceptable Documents, Accepted by DEER
(For Sponsors, Spouses and any dependents age 18 and above)
Two UNEXPIRED and ORIGINAL (no copies) forms of identity must be presented EVERYTIME an ID is issued or renewed.
Primary Documents Secondary Documents

​DOD Requires that for ID Card Issuance, at least one document shall be valid, state or Federal Government-issued photo.

U.S. Military card Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
U.S. Passport Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
Driver's license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the U.S. provided it contains a photograph. Foreign Passport with I-551 stamp or attached form i-194 indicating unexpired employment authorization
ID Card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities provided it contains a photograph Reentry Permits (Form I-327)
Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card with Photograph (Form I-151 or I-551) Voter's registration card
Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688) Native American tribal document
Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A) Drivers license issued by a Canadian government authority
Employment Authorization Document issued by the INS which contains photograph (INS Form I-688B) U.S. social security card issued by the Social Security Administration
U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card Birth Certificate issued by state, county, municipal authority
Refugee Travel Document (Form I-327)
U.S. Citizen Card (Form I-197) or ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-197)
​U.S. Military ID